You want to sell your West Palm Beach house, and you want to get top dollar.
Excellent! Lets try to get this as CLEAR as possible.
Give us a call too if you just want to talk about it at 561-220-2563.
So… “What do I need to do to sell my house in West Palm Beach“?
Here are some tips on how to get your home ready to sell if you’re looking for top of the market dollar:
*NOTE: These instructions are if you’re looking to get full retail value for your house sale. However, if you don’t want to do the things below… or don’t have the time or money to do the things below… you can still sell your West Palm Beach house fast for a clear and fair value in a win-win sale that’ll save you a bunch of time and expense.
1) Clean, clean and keep it clean. As a matter for fact, so fresh and so clean! Even totally vacant houses get dusty and dirty, so keep it up! Nothing short of gleaming perfection will impress buyers. I hear they are walking through properties with white gloves these days. Ok, I didn’t really hear that, but they might as well be. If you’re not a total clean person, hire someone who is to help you out until you sell.
If you’re a
slob, not so neat person, consider finding somewhere else to live while you show your house. Maybe you can ask your cleanest friend to trade houses with you? Seriously, keeping everything immaculate really helps buyers feel comfortable in your space. Nothing stops people faster from buying faster than feeling grossed out. This includes smells, be the foul, or lets just say interesting.
2) Keep it simple, neutral style. You don’t have to paint everything off-white. You have to paint it light grey. Just kidding, but, In fact, some subtle colors can really help change the perception of spaces – for example, a soft yellow will help brighten up a dark kitchen, while a deep dark blue or green will help a bright bedroom to feel like a calm place to sleep (but be careful, dark colors will also make rooms feel small). Use plenty of caution on paint colors. See what is trending now. Would a person buying NOW want that?
Spend the money to get high-quality paint and professional help. Subconsciously people will pay more money for a property with just the right colors and very neat lines – it makes the home feel better built, even though it’s just paint. It feels like GOOD QUALITY, even though it has nothing to do with actual construction.
Optical illusions are real, and psychologists study this stuff. Don’t believe me?
Look it up. And don’t neglect the outside and just do the inside, or anything else that’s unbalanced.
3) Fix or replace EVERYTHING that’s broken. True, it might feel like a waste of money to spend an extra couple hundred bucks on a dishwasher that someone else might just pull out and replace again. But really, quite a few buyers will get a home inspection and use the opportunity to negotiate with you. As the seller, you’ll often end up paying more if you try to hide neglected maintenance from the purchaser – and of course you don’t want to be guilty of fraud. Will that purchase help the property move two months faster? It may be the best return on your investment. Shiny beats dull every time.
Make sure you stay in compliance with all the laws.
It’s often a good use of money to hire a home inspector to come through before you put the property on the market. If you ask in advance, they’ll often charge you a tiny rate to come back after you’ve done a bunch of minor repairs and deliver you a clean bill of health. Prospective buyers love to see an independent report on the condition of the house – it makes them feel very comfortable with the purchase.
4) Only Necessary Improvements. The biggest mistake people make when getting their house ready to sell is over-improving. They often spend too much money on customized frills that can’t be recovered in the sale.
Paint is about the only safe investment – it’s easy to overspend on almost everything else, and it’s easy to get ripped off by unscrupulous contractors. Tread with caution here as well.
It’s important to know what improvements will produce a return on investment to avoid wasting money. Ultimately, it might help to sell the property, but it will cost you.
5) Get expert opinions. You should definitely find at least a few decent real estate brokers who will help you price your property, but be honest with them. If you’re going to market the property on your own, don’t make enemies by lying about your intentions. Great brokers are rare, but they make more money for their clients than they earn. Simply put, you really should contact a professional, especially one in your market.
6) Have a really great marketing plan. Again, great brokers earn their value by doing this work and spreading the advertising expenses across many clients. It’s pretty expensive and time-consuming to start from scratch on your own, but if you’re already a marketing expert you’re ahead of the pack.
If you’re not, spend the time listening to what the best brokers do to sell houses in West Palm Beach – just to educate yourself on the options.
7) Get a cash offer. We buy houses all over the West Palm Beach area, and we do all the work so you don’t have to deal with any of this stuff. From dusting, all the way to rotting cars on the property and more. Just reach out to us, I could be the one call that makes your life move to the next level.
Don’t Want To Do The Things Above Yourself? But Still Want To Sell Your West Palm Beach FLORIDA House Fast?
While everyone wants to get as much as they possibly can from their house sale… not everyone can do the things or wants to do the things required to sell it at full retail value to an end buyer.
Doing the repairs, cleaning the property up, upgrading the property, marketing the property… those all take money and can take lots of time.
If you have the funds to do these things... AND you can wait the 3-9 months (no guarantees here on the open market though) it takes to sell houses in this market… then you’ll be better off financially to do those things then list it on the MLS (the main property listing service that real estate agents use).
If you don’t have the funds to do these things... AND can’t wait months to sell your house… then you may be a perfect fit for our local West Palm Beach house buying service. You’ll submit basic info about your house over here on our website, we’ll evaluate your house, we’ll make you a fair all-cash offer on your house, and you can decide if it’s a fit for you.
Then we can close FAST (often times within 7 days) if you need us to. You’re choice.
Take a look at what we’ll pay you not to do anything versus the time, expense and hassle involved with doing it on your own.
So if you’re still asking “what do I need to do to sell my house in West Palm Beach“… now you have 2 solid options.
- Fix the property up and get it all nice and ready with the steps above to sell it at top dollar
- Let us do all of the work and we’ll make you a cash offer on your house in AS-IS condition. This saves you time, money, and gets the hassle off of your hands.
If you need to sell a property near West Palm Beach, we can help you.
We buy properties like yours from people who need to sell fast.